Prompt: Things that put me in a good mood. This was an easy prompt for a Monday morning. Since I’ve retired, Mondays aren’t bad, not that they ever were very onerous for me. But one thing about Mondays is that when it rolls around, if I haven’t gotten done what I wanted to for TOPS, then I start feeling pressure. It’s self-imposed but still – all of a sudden, four days are gone and two days from now is Wednesday again and our meeting is at 9.
This week is a little more pressuring.
- I have to get all the presents ready to send off on Wednesday afternoon. That means choose cards and match the activation slips to the gift cards. Also have a few presents that need to be de-price-tagged and wrapped.
- I have to wrap a secret pal gift for one of the TOPS ladies who won’t be here next week for our Christmas party and choose one of my cards to give her.
- I should make the bell chime and box up and wrap MY secret pal’s gift AND wrap the game gift as well so I’m not so rushed next week.
- Wouldn’t hurt to get the “tails” on the ribbon cutting board as well so we’ll be ready to go on the first meeting in January.
- DH and I have to make batch 2 of 3 of peanut brittle.
- I have to get more peanuts and light corn syrup for the third batch (ours.)
- I’m having dinner with a friend on Thursday and need to choose a special card for her. Need ask her what her son is into now so I can get him something next week when we go to Santa Fe again.
- I need to get all our table linens rolled so they don’t take up as much space in the buffet/breakfront. Been wanting to do that since last Christmas (?! that long????!!!)