Organizational Challenge Week 5
The first part of the week was empty enough that I could get two drawers gone through. Once Wednesday hit, though, not much got done in organizing but I did complete two Mother’s Day cards and a third may very well be completed today – just have to glue it all together. I won’t be showing any of the cards on here until after Mother’s Day as some of my TOPS members may find me on the web and I don’t want to spoil the occasion.
This Iris rolling cart is in the closet of the craft room. It has three small drawers (12X12) and one big drawer which holds hanging files. The Disney Scrapbook kits are in there and I’m trying to decide if I want to keep them or donate them. But not right away.
I started with the top drawer. It was filled to the top with pictures from DH’s family (and mementos) plus post card souvenirs from various trips, a small picture album of my first wedding that my mother had kept (and yes, I’ve kept that for my children so they have it down the line. The marriage didn’t last but he is their father.)
Here is the drawer ready to be worked on. I was able to get through this drawer in a little over an hour. I was relatively “fresh” and able to make some difficult determinations to let go of some things. Don’t ask what I let go of because I can’t remember.
It looks worse when I was done. These are items that wouldn’t fit in my photo organizer. The large brown book is my husband’s father’s Navy Log book. It contains pictures his father had of his shipmates and things he had written down. I need to get a archive-safe box to put that in. I also need someplace to store the 3″ buttons, one of my son and one of his son in their baseball uniforms.
This is one of the two photo organizing boxes I have. The company that made them either isn’t around any more or isn’t making them anymore. Hope I don’t have too many 4×6 photos to work through.
On April 22 I worked on the second drawer.
This is what the second drawer looked like in the beginning.
This is what got put back in the drawer. Note that I have labels on this drawer. I’ll have to go back and label the first drawer.
So, I’ve made progress. This coming week I have some split-up days but I should be able to get the third drawer done and maybe start on another case of photos. Plus I need to work on the Mother’s Day cards.